During the Covid-19 stay at home order implementation, lockdown is one of the ideal ways to prevent the spread of the deadly virus but do people need to buy essential needs like food and groceries.
Getting essential items are very crucial to staying at home in this coronavirus pandemic and that is why the federal government of different countries around the world has enforced massive laws to restrict movement as much as possible. But you and I know that it is not easy to stay at home if you lack essentials like food, groceries, and toiletries. In Italy, there is a law that fines you a certain amount of money if you were caught coming outside as against the restriction order. In some advanced countries like the United States, there was an incentive of $1000 to citizens to keep them indoor (in making them stay at home). In Nigeria, three states including the Federal Capital Territory and Lagos state which happens to be the commercial center of the country are in total lockdown but no plans to compensate or subsidize the cost of living for these people.
As we all know, locking down these places is essential to preventing the spread of the virus but are the people well-prepared for, or empowered to stay at home? That is a question that we’ll answer another time.
Let’s quickly talk about how to buy daily needs items during the stay at home order on Covid-19.
How To Buy Daily Needs Items during Stay At Home Order on COVID-19
BEFORE GOING OUT, DO THESE THINGS:
- Appoint one representative only and the same person should go out every time.
- List the items to buy.
- Wear a mask.
- Go out between 10 am-3 pm daily (when the sun is shining brightly).
- Prepare one plastic bag to fill in the change (do not put money in pocket or purse/wallet) or bring an accurate amount of money.
WHEN YOU ARE OUTSIDE; DO THESE THINGS:
- Do not stay outside for more than 40 minutes.
- Keep your distance from others (1 meter).
- Speak only when is needed.
- Decide which item to buy and grab it without hesitation (Avoid taking and putting back again).
- Give the prepared plastic bag to put in the change, please do not directly touch the money.
WHEN YOU ARE BACK AT HOME; MAKE SURE YOU DO THESE:
- Expose items that cannot be washed under the sun.
- Expose all vehicle keys and locks under the sun.
- Wash hands with soap.
- Wash washable items including money with soap and dry them.
- Discard plastic bags.
- Remove mask and discard.
- Wash your feet with soap before entering the house.
- Wash and clean the entire body with soap and shampoo.
- Dry your body.
- Drink a glass of warm water.
- Use tissue or hand gloves when filing petrol for your vehicles.
If you are able to follow these outlined guidelines to stay at home order by the government you can rest assured of staying safe during this pandemic. Remember that nobody knows it all, we just want to make sure that you stat at home and stay safe.