Germany is the recent European country to shut down borders over coronavirus (Covid-19) spreads as the number of casualties increase over night.
As of this morning, Germany as shut down it border with France, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Denmark. Only those with valid reason are allowed to travel.
Federal minister of interior Horst Seehofer told the reporter “The spread of cornavirus is progressing quickly and aggressively… One of the most important measures will be to cut off the chain of infection” as he announces the new border control.
Why Germany Acted?
- Over 1000 new cases have been registered in Germany in the last 24hours
- Germany now have over 5000 cases confirmed, 58 recovered and 13 death.
- Germany neighbors such as Poland the Czech republic already close their borders and introduce several restrictions
How it started in Germany
According to Wikipedia the coronavirus was confirmed spread to Germany on the 27th January 2020. When the first victim case confirmed in Bavaria. Later new cluster were introduce by travellers from Italy,china and Iran.
You can reduce your risk to infection if you:
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or flex elbow.
- Avoid close contact(1meter to 3fee) with anyone with cold or flu-like syntoms
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20seconds, especially after using the wash room and when preparing food
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands.