In the wake of the third case of widespread community transmission of COVID-19 outbreak in Lagos today, we have some questions about COVID-19 that we want answers to as soon as possible in order to keep citizens safe.
1. Is every hospital able to test for the virus?
If not, which hospitals are able to? Have HMOs sent out emails indicating which hospitals under their plans can test for the virus?
Providing this kind of information into the public place creates some elements of peace as against the fear that is spreading out there.
2. How much does it cost? With or without HMO?
3. What exactly is self-isolation and how does that work? How do I self-isolate if I live in a house with dependents?
What step by step process should I take to self-isolate when I live with other people who need to interact with me to survive?
4. Several people have gotten diagnosed with COVID-19 without showing symptoms.
What should people who do not have symptoms look out for or what should they be careful about to prevent the spread of the virus?
5. Does the Nigerian Immigration have any plans to employ stringent measures at the borders?
If so, what are they? If not, why not? Several other African states have gone ahead to do this, why is it difficult for us to take similar measures to prevent reoccurrence of this same incident?
A full list of where to go would be really helpful. LUTH was my best guess for Lagos. What cities are the others? CDC must start talking and sharing these important updates for people to stay safe.
We have these questions about COVID-19 that we would like Nigeria Centre for Disease Control to please help us answer! Thank you.